Litigation is a traditional method of resolving Family Law disputes. It provides parties with a decision by a Family Court Judge about custody of children, access/time with and support for their children, spousal support for themselves and their property.
Our litigation lawyers can commence a court application for you or defend you when you have been served with court documentation.
Our lawyers will advocate for you at all levels of court to achieve the best possible results in your case.
If your matter is in court, our lawyers provide clear and strategic legal advice based on the particular facts of your case. They will then provide options and recommendations, as well as the potential consequences of the choices you might make. Our litigation lawyers are dedicated to protect your interests and rights at all levels of court.
Litigation For Family Law Is The Most Appropriate Way To Resolve A Dispute When:
- Custody of and access to a child is in dispute and cannot be resolved through negotiation, mediation or the Collaborative Family process
- When one parent wants to move with the child outside of the child’s usual area or residence without the other parent’s agreement
- A restraining order is required to ensure the safety of the family
- There is a threat of an abduction or an abduction of a child has occurred
- The other spouse refuses to share financial information needed to determine child support, spousal support and property issues
- There are child and/or spousal support and property issues that cannot be resolved
- There is unpaid child or spousal support that must be enforced
- There is a concern that one parent is depleting the family assets and a freezing order is needed
- There have been changes since the court order made or since the separation agreement was signed
- A child protection situation
- A Divorce Order is needed
Bortolussi Family Law is located in Vaughan, Ontario and serves the Greater Toronto Area including Woodbridge, Concord, Maple, Kleinburg, Thornhill, Vaughan, Markham, Richmond Hill, Brampton, Bolton, Nobleton, Newmarket, Oxford, Orangeville, Aurora, North York, Etobicoke, Caledon, Whitchurch-Stouffville, King City, Schomberg, Mississauga, Oakville, Streetsville and Toronto.