What if My Ex Spouse Refuses to Pay Support?

What if My Ex Spouse Refuses to Pay Support?

If your spouse refuses to pay support, you may need to go to court to get a support order.

If you have a signed agreement or court order requiring your spouse to pay support and he or she stops paying, your agreement or order can be registered with the court and the Family Responsibility Office (often referred to as FRO) for enforcement. When support terms are in a separation agreement, the separation agreement can be filed with the Family Responsibility Office for enforcement or enforced by you. Our lawyers can help you decide whether to file with the Family Responsibility Office or take other action to ensure that you are receiving child support payments.

Contact Us

Don’t hesitate to ask us something. Fill out the confidential form below or call us at  416 987 3300.


3300 Highway 7 West, Suite 210
Vaughan, Ontario L4K 4M3
Telephone: 416 987 3300

Fax: 905 907 0707
Hours: 9am to 5pm


Bortolussi Family Law is located in Vaughan, Ontario and serves the Greater Toronto Area including Woodbridge, Concord, Maple, Kleinburg, Thornhill,  Vaughan, Markham, Richmond Hill, Brampton, Bolton, Nobleton, Newmarket, Oxford, Orangeville, Aurora, North York, Etobicoke, Caledon, Whitchurch-Stouffville, King City, Schomberg, Mississauga, Oakville, Streetsville and Toronto.